This directory contains tools for developers working on this repository.
A small script to automate merging pull-requests securely and sign them with GPG.
./github-merge.sh bitcoin/bitcoin 3077
(in any git repository) will help you merge pull request #3077 for the bitcoin/bitcoin repository.
What it does:
- Fetch master and the pull request.
- Locally construct a merge commit.
- Show the diff that merge results in.
- Ask you to verify the resulting source tree (so you can do a make check or whatever).
- Ask you whether to GPG sign the merge commit.
- Ask you whether to push the result upstream.
This means that there are no potential race conditions (where a pullreq gets updated while you're reviewing it, but before you click merge), and when using GPG signatures, that even a compromised github couldn't mess with the sources.
Configuring the github-merge tool for the bitcoin repository is done in the following way:
git config githubmerge.repository bitcoin/bitcoin git config githubmerge.testcmd "make -j4 check" (adapt to whatever you want to use for testing) git config --global user.signingkey mykeyid (if you want to GPG sign)