- Bitcoin Core
- Bitcoin is a free open source peer-to-peer electronic cash system that is
- completely decentralized, without the need for a central server or trusted
- parties. Users hold the crypto keys to their own money and transact directly
- with each other, with the help of a P2P network to check for double-spending.
- Unpack the files into a directory and run bitcoin-qt.exe.
- Bitcoin Core is the original Bitcoin client and it builds the backbone of the network.
- However, it downloads and stores the entire history of Bitcoin transactions;
- depending on the speed of your computer and network connection, the synchronization
- process can take anywhere from a few hours to a day or more.
- See the bitcoin wiki at:
- for more help and information.