- Bitcoin 0.6.99 BETA
- Copyright (c) 2009-2012 Bitcoin Developers
- Distributed under the MIT/X11 software license, see the accompanying
- file license.txt or http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php.
- This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in
- the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/). This product includes
- cryptographic software written by Eric Young (email@example.com).
- Bitcoin is a free open source peer-to-peer electronic cash system that is
- completely decentralized, without the need for a central server or trusted
- parties. Users hold the crypto keys to their own money and transact directly
- with each other, with the help of a P2P network to check for double-spending.
- Unpack the files into a directory and run bitcoin-qt.exe.
- If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, you need to add bitcoin.exe to its
- "Excluded processes" list. Microsoft Security Essentials->Settings tab,
- select Excluded processes, press Add, select bitcoin.exe, OK, Save changes.
- The software automatically finds other nodes to connect to. You can
- enable Universal Plug and Play using a menu entry or set your firewall
- to forward port 8333 (TCP) to your computer so you can receive
- incoming connections. Bitcoin works without incoming connections,
- but allowing incoming connections helps the Bitcoin network.
- See the bitcoin wiki at:
- for more help and information.