|jcmdln f1f540da7b Update .config||4 anni fa|
|etc/portage||4 anni fa|
|usr/src/linux||4 anni fa|
|License||4 anni fa|
|Readme.md||4 anni fa|
|gein||4 anni fa|
The installation process is almost entirely automated, though will require user input for many sections to simplify the script as well as make it more versatile.
Available options: bootstrap (-b), minimal (-m), desktop (-d), laptop (-l), server (-s), virtual (-v)
0) Read the entire script, I may do things you won’t like or want.
1) Download and boot the Gentoo livecd of your choosing.
2) Configure and mount your partitions.
cd /mnt/gentoo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jcmdln/gein/master/gein
4) Bootstrap the Gentoo installation.
sh /mnt/gentoo/gein -b # Once this command completes, you should be in your new chroot
5) From the new chroot, install your desired version
# Minimal install (only bare minimum packages) sh gein -m # Desktop install (a full desktop with baked-in configs) sh gein -d # Laptop install (add power monitoring, wifi) sh gein -d # Server install (WIP) sh gein -s # Virtual install (minimal install with support for qemu/vbox/vmware) sh gein -v