You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||5 years ago|
|etc||5 years ago|
|usr||5 years ago|
|Readme.md||5 years ago|
|gein||5 years ago|
gein - GEntoo INstaller
$ sh gein gein - GEntoo INstaller -h help Suggests to read the script and Gentoo documentation Required first step: -b bootstrap Bootstrap the stage3 tarball Post-bootstrap options: -m minimal Only install required gentoo packages -d desktop Install required and desktop packages -l laptop Install required, desktop, and laptop packages
- Read the entire script, I may do things you won't like or want.
- Download and boot the Gentoo livecd of your choosing.
- Configure and mount your partitions.
cd /mnt/gentoo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jcmdln/gein/master/gein
- Bootstrap the Gentoo installation.
# Once this command completes, you should be in your new chroot sh /mnt/gentoo/gein -b
- From the new chroot, install your desired version
# Minimal install (only bare minimum packages) sh gein -m # Desktop install (a full desktop with baked-in configs) sh gein -d # Laptop install (add power monitoring, wifi) sh gein -l