is an implementation of a new web browser engine written in C++ utilizing OpenGL.
Status: You can give it a url and it'll download, parse, and render the text from the page
A modern web browser is a huge project. I'd like to see this broken into several composable pieces. Network engine separate from the parsing engine, separate from the compositing engine separate from the renderer. This way it could be used a document viewer or an editor as well. A browser development kit for developers. I'd like to develop text-based structures for communication between each piece.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- gcc or llvm
- glew (2.0 works)
- glfw (3.2.1 works)
- freetype2 (2.8 works)
- harfbuzz (1.4.6 works)
- md5sum (for shader compilation)
Debian (and derivates)
sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev libharfbuzz-dev libglew-dev libglfw3-dev
Arch (and derivates)
sudo pacman -Suy glew glfw freetype2 harfbuzz
sudo xbps-install -S glew glfw harfbuzz-devel
sudo emerge freetype harfbuzz glew glfw
GyroNinja.net is temporarily offline. Working with registrar to bring it back online. nightly binary only (no font files)
- Browse 4chan /g/ board
- Why don't you use x engine? Because it didn't do what we wanted it to do.
- You realize this project is a massive undertaking Yes.
- Why are you doing this? odilitime: To watch people get triggered on /g/
- This code is awful? Yes, we're planning to throw it away. It's just a proof-of-concept at the moment.
- How can I help? Join IRC, compile the code, figure out something you want to improve
- What about security? I don't think one on here could ever say they know what their doing without being laughed off the board. Security is a huge challenge to any project. We're going to do the best with the resources we have.
odilitime - Lead Developer
- OSX Dev, focused on clean up
- Repo: https://gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
- contributed local file code
- repo: https://github.com/nubben/netrunner
- contributed keyboard code
RetroTech - Web / Sys Admin
- Created original website
- Helps manage archive of logos and threads
- set up etherpad for collaboration
gyroninja - Jenkins
- Was original Lead Developer (left to work on a servo-based project), Linux Dev, Did primary OOP planning and structure
- Repo: https://git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/
Gillman - archivist
- works with RetroTech on archival
Cygnus - Web
- Created nicer website
- did an early links repo
- contributed README clean up
anons that are making the /g/ threads
- Your threads keep us motivated
- Drop by irc/discord and say hi to us
- Repo? https://github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner/
- networking - downloads requested files
- html - HTML parser
- graphics - has the various interface interface
- opengl - our opengl Renderer
- text - our text rasterizer
- component - our renderer classes
- element - our DOM tree classes
- Nodes: DOM tree objects
- Elements: Individual tag types
- Components: (gameobjects) renderer entities