You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||5 years ago|
|README.md||5 years ago|
In the face of recent changes in Firefox, some anons were asking for a /g/'s perfect web browser, we have collected here the most wanted features:
- Granular control over incomming traffic like Policeman (more control than uMatrix in this particular subject).
- Granular control over outgoing traffic like Tamper Data or like Privacy Settings (the addon).
- Easy switch to preset profiles for both like uBlock Origin for incomming traffic and Privacy Settings for outgoing traffic.
- Random presets generator for things like "user-agent" and "canvas fingerprint".
- Custom stylesheets like Stylish.
- Userscript support like Greasemonkey.
- Cookie management like Cookie Monster.
- Bookmark management.
- HTTPS with HTTP fallback and ports management like Smart HTTPS and HTTPS by default.
- Proxy management like FoxyProxy.
- "Open with" feature to use an external application, like for using a video player with youtube-dl and MPV, or for text input with a text editor, and for other protocols like ftp and gopher, and even as a file picker.
- Local cache like Decentraleyes and Load from Cache.
- Option to turn off disk usage for all data (cache, tmp data, cookies, logs, etc.), or/and make cache read only.
- All this in a per site basis.
- URL Deobfuscation like "Google search link fix" and "Pure URL".
- URI leak prevention like "No Resource URI Leak" and plugin enumeration prevention by returning "undefined".
- Keyboard driven with dwb features like vi-like shortcuts, keyboard hints, quickmarks, custom commands.
- Optional emacs-like keybindings (maybe default for new users to have an easier time?).
- Non-bloated smooth UI like dwb.
- Configuration options from an integrated command-line (with vimscript-like scripting language?).
- A configuration file like Lynx.
- Send commands to the background to be optionally displayed in an optional interface, as to use wget web crawling feature like a DownThemAll, and to use and watch other batch commands.
- A way to import bookmarks from other browsers like Firefox.
- Search customization like surfraw, dwb funtions or InstantFox Quick Search, and reverse image search like Google Reverse Image Search.
- Writen in C.
- Low on dependencies.
- GPL v3+.
- Framebuffer support like NetSurf for working in the virtual terminal (TTY).
- Browse the elinks2 source code (you can use Ctags or GNU GLOBAL for tagging functions and files).
- Expose API and give (scripting) access to just about everything.
- Put every accessed interface in a scriptable file.
- Give control over the DOM, use folders for each site to be manually edited (use a hierarchical structure to cover subsites).
- Implement a link grabber for every link available to be parsed by the scripting interface.