.NET Server+ (AMD64):
is an implementation of a new web browser engine written in C++ utilizing OpenGL.
Status: You can give it a url and it'll download, parse, and render the text from the page
A modern web browser is a huge project. I'd like to see this broken into several composable pieces.
Network engine separate from the parsing engine, separate from the compositing engine separate from the renderer.
This way it could be used a document viewer or an editor as well.
A browser development kit for developers.
I'd like to develop text-based structures for communication between each piece.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Some of these do not include mbedtls yet, if you know the correct package name for your distro, please let us know
Debian (and derivates)
sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev libharfbuzz-dev libglew-dev libglfw3-dev
Also will need either libmbedtls-dev (Debian 9/Ubuntu 16LTS (xenial)) or libpolarssl-dev (Debian 8 or earlier)
Looks like on Ubuntu, only zesty and newer have 2.4+ of mbedtls
Arch (and derivates)
sudo pacman -Suy glew glfw freetype2 harfbuzz mbedtls
Note: glew maybe 1.1 here, we need 2.0
sudo xbps-install -S glew glfw harfbuzz-devel
sudo emerge freetype harfbuzz glew glfw
Mac OS X (Brew)
sudo brew install glew glfw freetype harfbuzz mbedtls
Note: OpenBSD 6.1 has freetype is 1.3.1 and mbedtls is 2.2.1 which won't work (try -CURRENT)
Be sure to use gmake too
pkg_add glew glfw freetype harfbuzz mbedtls
2017-09-04 binary package
GyroNinja.net is back online
nightly binary only (no font/pnm files)
2017-09-03 binary package
32bit nightly package
64bit nightly package
- Why don't you use x engine?
Because it didn't do what we wanted it to do.
- You realize this project is a massive undertaking
- Why are you doing this?
odilitime: To watch people get triggered on /g/
- This code is awful?
Yes, we're planning to throw it away. It's just a proof-of-concept at the moment.
- How can I help?
Join IRC, compile the code, figure out something you want to improve
- What about security?
I don't think one on here could ever say they know what their doing without being laughed off the board. Security is a huge challenge to any project. We're going to do the best with the resources we have.
Odilitime - Lead Developer
- OSX Dev, UI & Text layout
- Repo: https://gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
- Windows Dev, SSL Support, cfg parser
- repo: https://gitgud.io/despair/netrunner/
- OpenGL Shader rework
- repo: https://gitgud.io/geertiebear/netrunner
- contributed local file code, WebResource, CommandLineParams, URL object
- repo: https://github.com/nubben/netrunner
- contributed keyboard code and URL parser
- repo: https://github.com/tomleb/netrunner
RetroTech - Web / Sys Admin
- Created original website
- manages existing website
- Helps manage archive of logos and threads
- set up/manages etherpad for collaboration
Gyroninja - Jenkins
- Was original Lead Developer (left to work on a servo-based project), Linux Dev, Did primary OOP planning and structure
- Repo: https://git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/
Gillman - archivist
- works with RetroTech on archival
Cygnus - Web
- did an early links repo
- contributed README clean up
anons that are making the /g/ threads
- Your threads keep us motivated
- Drop by irc/discord and say hi to us
- Repo? https://github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner/
We coordinate on irc.rizon.net #/g/netrunner or Odili's Discord.
- networking - downloads requested files
- html - HTML parser
- interface - has the various interface interface
- component - our renderer classes
- element - our DOM tree classes
- glfw - our opengl Renderer
- font - our text rasterizer
- Nodes: DOM tree objects
- Elements: Individual tag types
- Components: (gameobjects) renderer entities