You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||4 months ago|
|.github/workflows||4 months ago|
|public||4 months ago|
|README.md||4 months ago|
|bot.js||8 months ago|
A simple discord bot that reads the song info from the currently playing track in Banshee media player or Rhythmbox media player and displays it in a Discord channel. Also includes some silly commands.
- 1: Clone the repo:
git clone https://github.com/calexil/BansheeBot.gitor fork it.
- 2: Make a new app with the discord developer dashboard and note your client secret.
- 3: Link your free heroku account to github and deploy your fork or clone, be sure to set your config vars with an item KEY of BOT_TOKEN and a value of the aformentioned client secret from your discord bot app.
- 4: Edit the file bot.js at line 43 to match your music channels Id, then edit the file at line 60 so it matches your heroku app page.
- 5: Start Banshee or Rhythmbox, Play music and then run the bansheecheck.sh script or the rhythmboxcheck.sh script, be sure to edit it to match your username and heroku app page endpoint
- 6: Check out the Command list here
- 7: Watch it go.