A variant launcher for Furcadia written in Common Lisp and CommonQt/Qt4.
- Show arbitrary images when a given character is selected. (DONE)
- Display characters from different mail accounts on a single list. (DONE)
- Launch multiple characters at once. (DONE)
- Display news from Furcadia and Raptor Launcher newsfeeds. (DONE)
- Edit descriptions and other attributes as pure text.
- Edit descriptions and other attributes with a graphical preview.
- Backup and restore character information to/from human-readable files.
- Import legacy INI files for creating costumes.
- Bulk-set details for all characters, such as AFK information.
- Automatically refresh characters to prevent them from expiration.
- Integrate the launcher with Pounce.
- Launch Furcadia directly from command line for any given character.
All dependencies are available on Quicklisp.
furcadia-launcher.asd file for full information.
- A means of fetching full information for all characters of a given account at once.
- A means of saving full information for all characters of a given account at once.
- A means of fetching
furc:// login links without sending full character information to the server.
Summary of the current technique
- Login into Furcadia CMS.
- GET the login page.
- Extract the authentication secret from HTML.
- POST the login which includes the authentication secret.
- Get the login string.
- GET the FurEd page.
- Extract the character login secret from HTML.
- Fetch the character we want to login as.
- POST the character with the character login secret.
- Receive the
furc:// login string from the HTTP response.
- Launch Furcadia.
- Construct the Furcadia launch command, depending on the running OS.
- Launch the Furcadia client with the resulting command.